A year goes by so quickly. Recently, our precious little boy turned one. We have been the lucky witnesses, each day, of his zest for life, sweet innocence, silly sense of humor, and insatiable curiosity. What an adventure it has been! We celebrated our amazing son and his wild love of bananas with these cupcakes:
No gluten, wheat, dairy, eggs, nuts, peanuts, or soy–and surprisingly yummy.
- Cupcakes: Cherrybrook Kitchen’s Chocolate Cake Mix
- Frosting: Organic powdered sugar, water, and the yellow from India Tree Natural Decorating Colors
- Mini banana decorations: Beach Monkey Banana Candy from Oriental Trading Company
- Chocolate chips: Enjoy Life semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cupcake toppers: Made in 15 minutes from scraps of paper, scalloped craft scissors, toothpicks, glue, and leftover banana candy.
- Cupcake baking cups: If You Care Unbleached Baking Cups
- Party supplies: Safari Party from Birthdayinabox.com
- Bib: Green Sprouts Favorite Food Bib
On this birthday, I read aloud this simple blessing, which I found in one of my books. I’d like to read it again next year and each year to follow:
Our Wish for You
May you always see beauty in the world
And hear music everyday.
May you know the touch of gentle hands
And walk the peaceful way.
May the words you speak be loving.
May laughter see you through.
May you be blessed with hope and joy–
These gifts we wish for you.
– Theresa Mary Grass
Go bananas with bliss, sweet baby!